Structure, Style, and Formatting
- The preferred mode of submission is as MS Word (.doc or .docx) by e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The target length for a manuscript is 4,500-7,000 words. If your manuscript is longer than this, please contact the editorial office.
- The style (e.g., fonts, font size, spaces, margins, etc.) is adjusted by editors.
- It is suggested that figures, tables, and formulas should be displayed with features of your software package (e.g., MS Word tools).
- The list of References (Bibliography) should appear at the end of the main text, and be listed in alphabetical order by author’s name. Reference examples:
Chen, Xinghua (2020) Legal Thinking on the Participation of Traditional Chinese Medicine in Public Health Emergencies. Ukrainian Policymaker, Volume 6, 6-14. https://doi.org/10.29202/up/6/1
Chen, Xinghua (2020) Legal Thinking on the Participation of Traditional Chinese Medicine in Public Health Emergencies. Available online: http://www.ukrpolitic.com/up-6-01/
Joint Stock Company Raiffeisen Bank Aval (2020) Edited by Oleg Bazaluk and Denys Svyrydenko. Kyiv, Encyclopedia.
Bazaluk, Oleg (2017) The Theory of War and Peace: The Geophilosophy of Europe. Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
Chen, Xinghua (2020) Legal Thinking on the Participation of Traditional Chinese Medicine in Public Health Emergencies. In The Theory of War and Peace: The Geophilosophy of Europe. Edited by Oleg Bazaluk and Denys Svyrydenko. Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 28-120. https://doi.org/10.29202/up/6/1
Chen, Xinghua (2020) Legal Thinking on the Participation of Traditional Chinese Medicine in Public Health Emergencies. Europe, April 9. Available online: http://www.ukrpolitic.com/up-6-01/
Report of Transparency International for Corruption Perceptions Index (2017) Available online: https://www.transparency.org/news/feature/corruption
- References to publications within the text should be as follows: (Zsizsek, 2002: 26), (Encyclopaedia of Philosophy, 1983: 220), (Zsizsek, 2008a: 26), (Zsizsek, 2008b: 75).
- There must be a strict one-to-one correspondence between the names and years in the text and those in the list of references.
- Footnotes should be kept to a minimum and indicated by consecutive superscript numbers.
- The abstract should also contain a short list of carefully chosen Keywords or content indicators (5-10 words).
- Submitted papers must be clearly written in English. The mixture of American and British usage of English is not allowed, whereas both usages of English are accepted.
- After submitting, the manuscript is initially evaluated by editors for relevance to the topic, the quality of the material and software text-matching checking. In case of a negative evaluation of the manuscript by the editors, it is rejected and will not be reviewed on the next steps of the peer-review process.
- In the case of the positive preliminary editors’ evaluation, the manuscript is submitted for review to two independent reviewers. Reviewing is based on the double-blind peer-review model. The peer-review process should provide an independent assessment of the manuscript for its compliance with high research standards and the subject matter of the journal.
- The journal editorial board adheres to the high standards of peer-review integrity.
- The peer-review time is ten weeks from the date of the manuscript submission.
- As an exception, editors may engage independent reviewers who are not permanent members of the journal’s editorial board. These reviewers must also adhere to the journal’s deadlines for preparing the review as well as the publishing ethics of the journal.
- The editors of the journal inform the authors about the results of the review and, if necessary, send the reviewers’ comments. If the editorial board decides on the need to edit and resubmit the manuscript following the reviewers’ comments, the authors have two weeks to make corrections of the manuscript and prepare a response to the comments.
- The editors decide on the manuscript approval, rejection, or need for improvement after receiving all the reviewers’ comments.
- The editors provide answers to the authors on the current status of the manuscript peer-review, timely inform the authors about the results of the review.
- If the editorial board decides on the possibility of publishing the manuscript, the author will be informed about the timing of publication (online and in paper form). The journal is published twice a year, so the authors should consider the possible terms of publication of manuscripts. The editorial board objectively assigns these terms. The manuscripts are submitted for printing in chronological order following the requirements of peer-review integrity.
- The editorial board has separate instructions for ensuring the principles of publishing ethics for editors, reviewers, and authors. These instructions contain ethical statements for all the participants of the publication process and recommendations for solving the contradictive cases during the peer-review process.